Sean A. Black is a solo lawyer practicing Criminal, DUI and Traffic Defense along with a small number of personal injury and death claims.
Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia.
Juris Doctor degree awarded May 1992. Was active in a number of organizations, was a member of the International Law Moot Court Team, completed twelve credit hours of L.L.M.-level taxation courses.
Mercer University College of Liberal Arts, Macon, Georgia.
Bachelor of Arts degree awarded June 1989. Was involved in a number of organizations. Sat on the College Faculty Curriculum Committee. Chaired Committee to Revise Student Government Constitution. Member of Phi Delta Theta International Fraternity. Member of Sigma Tau Delta honorary English organization. Member of dramatic honors society. Majored in English literature. Minors in Political Science and German. Co-Founder and Publisher/Editor of independent newspaper, The Palladium.
Black Law Offices, LLC. Member-Manager of law firm.
Sean A. Black, Attorney at Law. February 1996 to March 2000. Engaged as a sole practitioner in the practice of law.
Cornwell Law Offices. Attorney. June 1992 to January 1996. Currently engaged in general practice of law. Substantial portion of practice devoted to real estate and civil litigation.
Law Offices of James E. Cornwell, Jr. Law Clerk. June 1990 to June 1991 and August 1991 to May 1992. Worked in support of sole-practitioner engaged in general practice of law.
Cathey & Strain. Law Clerk. June 1991 to August 1991. Worked in practice focused on plaintiff's products liability cases.
Cornwell, Church & Healy. Law Clerk. June 1989 to June 1990. Worked in support of three person firm engaged in general practice of law.
Cornwell & Church. Law Clerk. June 1985 to June 1989. Worked in support of two person firm engaged in general practice of law.
- State Bar of Georgia. Admitted June 1992. Member of the General and Trial Practice Section.
- American Bar Association. Member of the Real Property and Probate, Taxation, and Litigation Sections
- Georgia Civil Justice Foundation, Mountain Circuit Peoples Law School Director, 1994-1996
- Georgia Innocence Project, Founding Member
- Member of the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Mountain Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Stephens County Bar Association
Court of Appeals of Georgia, 1993 - present
Supreme Court of Georgia, 1992 - present
United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia,1992 - present
United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia,1997 - present
United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 1997 - present
Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2001 - present
- Toccoa Kiwanis Club, President, 1997-1998. Lt. Governor-Elect, 2001-2002, Lt. Governor, 2002-2003.
- Toccoa-Stephens County Community Theater: Board Member 1995-present; Treasurer 1996-2001.
- Currahee Arts Council, Vice-President and Board Member
- Toccoa-Stephens County Chamber of Commerce. Member. Chamber Accreditation Communications Committee (1997)
- YMCA Fund-Raising Volunteer
- United Way Fund-Raising Volunteer
- Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, 2001-present